Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity
The team is working closely with academic units on strategic plans. If your unit is working on a strategic plan and has not been in contact with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, please contact Frank Tuitt.
We would like to announce our new ODI Faculty Fellows:
- Dr. Judy Kiyama (Morgridge College of Education)
- Dr. Aaron Schneider (Korbel School of International Studies)
- Dr. Elizabeth Escobedo (Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences)
- Dr. Eugene Walls (Graduate School of Social Work)
- Dr. Breigh Roszelle (Ritchie School of Engineering and Computer Science)
These 5 Faculty Fellows will advance the work of Inclusive Excellence; creating and further embedding a capacity building resource within and alongside their academic departments. The ODI Faculty Fellows are tasked with engaging and fostering diversity and inclusion efforts, while serving as a resource and platform for innovation and IE organizational transformation. Their areas of focus includes providing vital support for:
- Underrepresented faculty
- The infusion of inclusive curriculum and pedagogy
- Unit level strategic planning toward Inclusive Excellence
- Participation in faculty search processes
- Diversity and inclusion communication and advocacy efforts within their unit and beyond.
In addition, a faculty hiring dashboard is available for hiring teams and the staff hiring guide is under review.
We have also created the Diversity Dashboard on the new website for Diversity and Inclusion. The Dashboard gives us a snapshot of student composition, campus climate, student engagement benchmarks, and student outcomes.
We are working on developing several pilot projects.
- Embedding IE in the annual review process for faculty via Activity Insight
- Developing proposal for IE leadership development for middle managers
Last Updated: 10/16/17
Debra Mixon Mitchell
Director of Diversity Recruiting
Associate Professor, Morgridge College of Education
Vice Chancellor, Human Resources and Inclusive Community
Director of Student Outreach and Support
Associate Professor, Political Science
Associate Director, Budget, Research and Analysis